What determines a house sale? We at East Devon Estates Ltd believe that location and lifestyle are two of the “undersold” reasons for buying a house which is why we as property developers are proud to extol the virtues of living and working in such an outstanding area of natural beauty.
The work/leisure balance is easily achieved when an area is adequately supported by the correct infrastructure. Here in East Devon we are spoiled with fast network connections to the centre of the city and to all the major cities in the UK via:-
Exeter airport – flights to London City, Manchester, Glasgow and to Europe. Prices with Flybe from £75 return to London City and only 1 hour and 5 mins
- M5 to Bristol / M4 to London /A30 to London
- Exeter St Davids main line trains 2 ½ hours to London
- Exeter city centre 20 mins by car
Ease of access to and from work allows for more leisure time and here in East Devon we have an abundance of outdoor activities right on our doorstep:-
- Beaches 10 – 15 mins drive, Budleigh Salterton, Exmouth, Beer, Seaton Lyme Regis
- David Lloyd tennis and fitness centre 10 mins drive
- Exeter Chiefs Rugby Premiership Rugby club 10 mins by car
- Golf Courses, Woodbury Golf Club, Exeter Golf and Country Club, Teignmouth Golf Club 5 – 20 mins away with spectacular views over the Devon coastline.
- Walking and hiking on Dartmoor, 20 mins by car
- Walking and riding on Aylesbeare and Woodbury Common 5 min drive
And if you do not wish to be too energetic but would rather just soak up the warmth and hospitality of the local village pubs there are plenty of eating houses to recommend including fine dining . In contrast you can immerse yourself in the cultural and vibrant atmosphere of the historic city centre with its renowned university and ever expanding retail outlets ranging from bespoke boutiques to high end department stores and trendy restaurants. Exeter has it all! There is an array of excellent schools in the area including Colyton Grammar School which boasted the best GCSE results in England. You would not be disappointed if you chose to settle in East Devon or even invest in a 2nd home to take you away from the stresses and strains of today’s fast moving work environment.